If you’ve always felt like affirmations can feel bogus and cheesy, I am so with you. But then one day I really thought about how toxic negative thoughts can be. We can rip ourselves to shreds through simple one liners like, “I’m not good enough” or “I could never do that.” We’re using negative affirmations on a regular basis. To counteract those negative thoughts, it only makes sense to turn them around and send positive energy to ourselves.
Positive affirmations can be exactly what we need. But I believe they are only effective if we believe them to be true. You can say “I am a beautiful butterfly” five thousand times, but unless you choose to believe it and own it, it’s not going to have an effect on you.
We are in control of ridding ourselves of the toxic thoughts that flow through our mind. It’s pretty easy to beat ourselves up and be overly critical. But, if we decide to be cheerleaders for ourselves, we can consistently remind ourselves how awesome we are. And, I don’t know about you, but I love to hear about how awesome I am. ;)
Here are 15 of my favorite affirmations. Adjust them however they work best for you.
Repeat them. Believe them. Watch your mindset start to change.
- I am in charge of how I feel and I choose to feel happy.
- I can handle whatever comes at me.
- I am capable of tackling this project. I am going to own it.
- I deserve this.
- I look forward to tomorrow and the opportunities that await me.
- My quirks are not weaknesses.
- I have good instincts. Trusting my gut is always a good move.
- I will work hard and because I work hard, I will succeed.
- Good things will happen today.
- I will work to provide other people with value and encouragement.
- I am worthy.
- I live with purpose. I will create change through my purpose.
- I am in control of my life.
- At this moment, I am where I am meant to be.
- I am surrounded by beauty.
So whether they feel cheesy or not at first, give them a chance and watch the positivity flow through you.
What’s your favorite positive affirmation?
SLAY 2018 WITH THIS WORKBOOK
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE 5-PAGE SLAY 2018 WORKBOOK TO HELP YOU RECAP 2017, SET INTENTIONS, & MAKE 2018 YOUR YEAR.